Role: Estimator – Permanent
Reports to: Commercial Director – Laurence Rocks
Location: Portglenone, Ballymena
Phone: 028 25822500
Context and Purpose
As a firm developing over 30 years, we have become one of the market leaders in the facades and envelope sectors.
We have formed a reputation and level of service that our clients have come to rely on, that has seen our involvement in the most prestige and major projects of our industry.
Clarke Facades recruit people with a good attitude who wish to develop their career. Further opportunities with the company will be significant and in line with the Quantity Surveyor/Estimator role in a growing the organisation.
The role of Estimator is key to our future development and success in delivering a continuous flow of new business and identifying future opportunities in both competitive tendering, design and build projects.
Our Directors seek to attract an Estimator with broad commercial skills and a strong background in estimating whilst understanding the commercial drivers, risk profiles and key success factors for Clients procuring construction works.
|· Ensure that the profile of Clarke Facades and the building envelope product is presented effectively to both new and existing clients
· Liaise with the Managing Director / Business Development Manager / Sales Estimating Manager to identify and develop new contracts
· Manage large multi-product tender offers (most still under consideration)
· Programme and monitor prospects/forthcoming works
· Review tenders as appropriate
· Develop client relationships and partnerships with key system suppliers
· Deal with customer enquiries in writing, email and by telephone
· Liaise with potential clients recording the progress/amendments and passing information on to the relevant parties
· Negotiate final contract sums and attend pre-order meetings, with the assistance of the Regional Director / Sales Estimating Manager
· Organise and chair handover meetings for secured projects to the operational team including producing all necessary paperwork / electronic data records on the IMS (Information Management System)
· Produce accurate quotations in accordance with the customers’ requirements / documentation and organise measured site surveys if required
· Liaise with other departments such as buying, quantity surveying, design and contracts managers
· Chasing and requesting outstanding information from clients
· Produce individual reports or contribute to a departmental report to present at bi-monthly Sales Meetings
|Qualifications||· A degree calibre individual
· RICS or CIOB (Not essential)
· The ideal candidate will have at least 3-4 years’ Quantity Surveyor/ Estimator experience with a main contractor or sub-contractor
|Skills||· Driving license
· Excellent IT Skills (All Microsoft packages)
· Excellent communication skills
· Good working knowledge of forms of contract currently used within the industry
|Personal Qualities||· High degree of personal motivation
· Sound commercial acumen
· Ability to work as part of a close knit management team and manage numerous activities / projects simultaneously – both short and long term.
· Ability to work on own initiative and with the minimum of supervision
· Outgoing personality essential for dealing directly with Clients and their design team
· Good negotiator
· Flexibility with regard to working across all areas of the business, and hours to meet the requirements of this challenging position
· Willingness to travel when required
· Enterprising and Commercial Approach
· A Planned Approach
· Taking Responsibility
· Customer Focus
· Building and Maintaining Relationships
An excellent package is available to the right candidates.
If you are interested in the above position, please email your CV to: email@example.com